Does it seem like your garden is the worst in the street with lawn and weeds taking over? And no matter how much time you devote to it nothing seems to thrive? If your garden is in need of a spruce up heading into the Christmas entertainment season, Conclean can help.
5 top tips to give your garden a boost
- Get the weeds out - A constant problem during the growing season, weeds should be dealt with promptly by pulling them out. Or, if necessary, spray thoroughly with a specialised weed killer as soon as they appear and before they set seed. Ground covers can help keep the weeds down, as there are no bare patches of soil for them to grow.
- Give shrubs a trim and get rid of any that have seen better days - Pruning your plants regularly will prevent them from growing out of control and save you having an annual battle. Trimming often means you only have to nip off the tips of new growth to encourage bushier growth.
- Maintain your sprinkler system - Cleaning your irrigation system at least twice a year will ensure your plants get the best quantity of water. It removes material that has made it past the filter and settled in the lines. Simply unscrew the drip or spray outlets, flush the line, then clean the filter.
- Wetta Soil & Mulch - Mulch is the low-maintenance landscaping hero. First, hose on Wetta Soil to treat water repellent soil and to conserve water in your pots, gardens and lawns. Then spread mulch over the soil, which hinders weed growth and prevents the soil from drying out too quickly. It also helps keep the soil cool in summer and insulates the ground in winter – the plants will love you for it! Use organic mulch such as lucerne or sugarcane to encourage worms. As it breaks down, the mulch and worms will add nutrients to the soil.
- Don't mow too low - The best thing you can do for your lawn is to mow high and often. Taking off only the blade tips makes the grass much healthier and denser. Plus, you won’t need to use a catcher – just let the cuttings add organic matter to your lawn.
The team at Conclean can assist by completing one or all of these garden maintenance tips for you if you're too busy with Christmas preparations to spend in the garden. Contact us and one of the team will be in touch to discuss your needs.